Thursday, September 22, 2011

NOLA

Pete and I spent this past weekend in New Orleans.  It was so fun to get away to a new (to me) city and to spend time together.  We arrived early Saturday morning, dropped our bags at the hotel (International House) and headed to Jackson Square... and by Jackson Square I mean we headed straight to Cafe du Monde to get some delicious beignets, obviously.  
After a delicious breakfast we walked around the city, went to the Aquarium, took a nap, ate a delicious lunch, and checked out Harrah's.  Sunday we headed back to Cafe du Monde for more nomnoms, roamed the shops and markets, watched the Saints/Bears game over a delicous cajun lunch, made our way to Tropical Isle, Pat O's and the like, took a much needed nap and ate Pinkberry.  I loved the architecture and all of balconies.  I especially loved all of the flowers on the balconies.  All in all the trip was a success and we had a great time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment