Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fire & Rain

There are several fires across Texas causing major damage.  In the Austin area alone over 700 homes have been lost.  It's devastating.  My cousin Linda & her family were evacuated from Steiner Ranch.  They are safe in Georgetown at my uncle's.  They were able to get their dog, Cooper, from their apartment which is great.  Their apartment is safe and not in danger of fire currently.  Even greater.
I am so thankful to the firement and volunteer firemen who have been working around the clock to fight the many fires across the state.  I'm espeically thankful to Mandy's stepdad, Patrick, who dispite burning his face over the weekend continued to fight these out of control fires.  That's amazing.  Thank you!
Many evacuation centers and organizations in Austin are taking donations.  Clothing, trash bags, and diapers are especially needed.  Please donate if you're in the area.  

I wish it would rain... and rain hard!  We have been suffering a drought all across Texas and we need rain more than anything right now.  Conserve your water and do a little rain dance for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment