I forgot what it's like to be a 10 year old girl. I am babysitting tonight for C. She is 10 and this is the first time I've watched her. We started the night drawing, painting, and chatting. After the pizza arrived I couldn't keep a conversation going because she couldn't keep her eyes off the TV (which was across the house mind you). What are 10-year-olds watching these days? What did I watch when I was 10? Not that I can use my childhood as a good judge of what kids should be doing at certain ages... But what is appropriate for her? I wanted to watch Mean Girls, but she chose The Black Cauldron. Then halfway through, she thought we shouldn't watch it because it was too scary. Reading it is!
It's almost bedtime which brings me to my next predicament. To drink or not to drink. When I arrived Tim offered beer & sangria and said I was welcome to anything. Normally I don't feel right drinking on the job.. What to do, what to do. (I ended up not drinking, but next time I don't think I'll feel bad if I have one beer...)
Lastly. Pete is shopping for my Christmas present right now. I feel like hes having a tough time. Poor guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment