Sunday, May 11, 2014

Here We Go Again

I've decided to take up the blog again.  Rather than filling in the tremendous gap I've left over the past year+, I'll just start from here.

Peter cut his 4th tooth today!  He finally got one of his top front teeth.  He is still behind Zoey. She has 8 teeth, 5 on top and 3 on the bottom.  I am sure they will both have more in the coming days.

The kids are growing faster than I could have anticipated.  I swear Zoey girl grows another inch every night.  Her hair is finally starting to get longer.  She's getting more comfortable with walking as a primary mode of transportation.  She's becoming more attentive, especially with books.  She only likes to watch sports on TV. Zoey loves to clap and sing songs (Patty Cake and The Wheels on the Bus specifically).  Dancing is a fun new hobby.  She's starting to become attached to bunny, and still stuffs loveys in her mouth during sleep.  She's become more affectionate the past couple of weeks, enjoying hugs, kisses and sitting in laps.  She gets especially excited when dad comes home from work.

Me. Peter just loves books.  As soon as he wakes up he heads to the bookshelf.  I'm trying to teach him the sign for book so he will stop shoving books into faces/laps, and instead politely request a book (wishful thinking).  He tries, bless his heart, to do multiple signs but they all look the same: arms out, palms down, right hand slaps top of left hand repeatedly. Every time.  This is also how he "claps." Peter loves to play with the shape sorter, mostly just to put the shapes in his mouth.  His newest obsession is the car keys.  Must. Eat. Keys.  He still sleeps with WubbaNubs and has added Señor Verde, a green jellycat dino.  He's a mama's boy and I'm okay with that. :)

We are looking forward to closing on our first house at the end of the month. It will be a challenge getting the house ready and then moving with twins.  Can't say I am looking forward to that part!  We can't believe it's almost been a year since we moved to North Dakota.  Time sure does fly.

I am looking forward to my second Mother's Day (and second Mother's Day calendar!).  Although we don't have any grand plans, Pete is making me breakfast AND dinner!  What a treat.  I love getting to spend the day with my little family.  My heart also aches for those who have lost children, and those who long for children they cannot have.  I hope the day passes quickly without sorrow.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment