Hi friends, sorry it's taken me so long to write this. I wasn't quite sure how to out thoughts into words.
I had a great time with Stacy in NYC. I arrived Thursday around lunch time. I took a cab from the airport to Ellen's where I watched Stacy serve & sing for a few hours. When she (finally- ha) got cut we dropped my luggage off at Dustin & Jenna's apartment and ventured out into the city. We visited Jason and had delicious pizza. We both were tired from the long day and decided to pick up my luggage from Dustin's and cab it up to Stacy's place.
We went to the intersection of 51st & 8th and Stacy hailed a cab. She was rolling my luggage (she is too sweet) ands went to put it in the trunk of the cab. The driver got out and took the bag from Stacy and placed it in the trunk. Moments after closing the trunk he was struck by an SUV. We heard crunch and saw the driver fall to the ground. His legs were visibly broken, even through his green pants. I immediately called 911 and within what seemed like seconds cops were already on scene. A fire truck and ambulance showed up shortly after. Stacy and I were shocked, grateful we were not injured but so sad that our driver was. It very well could have been either of us- 8 seconds separated Stacy from the accident. It turns out the driver of the SUV was intoxicated & is facing criminal charges. Our driver, Sajjad Matin, has lost his left leg. Doctors are still determining a course of action for his right. He has lost his livelihood & unfortunately doesn't have disability, workmans comp or a pension. The New York Taxi Workers Alliance has facilitated a donation site if you would like to contribute to Sajjad, his wife, and two young boys. http://www.nytwa.org/
Thanks in advance.
That night after we spoke with police we went back to Dustin & Jenna's and slept on the couch. It was probably the worst nights sleep I have ever gotten thanks to the night's events combined with the all-night jackhammering. The next morning we took the Subway up to Stacy's place, showered, and went to find some rush tickets for a Broadway show. I REALLY wanted to see How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying & we were so lucky they had rush tickets available! I was so excited. The show was amazing & we both have crushes on Nick Jonas now.
Saturday we were lucky enough to get hooked up with tickets for a matinee of Rock of Ages & we scored tickets for Memphis that night. We had a lovely lunch and visited about 4 Starbucks over the course of the day. My flight was super early Sunday morning so we went home after the show via the subway.
I'm so glad I got to spend a few days with Stacy! I can't wait for May when she comes home to meet her new niece or nephew.
No comments:
Post a Comment